Procedure - October 2004 (Revision: New)
1. Bourse Buck – A novelty dollar bill distributed by the Crescent City Coin Club (henceforth, Club).
a. Issued in one-dollar denomination only.
b. A new series is issued each calendar year beginning with 2005.
c. Valid for redemption during the calendar year of issue and through the end of the following calendar year.
d. Valid only if signed by the Club president during the calendar year of issue.
e. Bourse Buck front and back specimens are as follow:
2. YN – Young Numismatist, a member or friend of the Club who is 17 years of age or younger.
3. Board – The Board of Governors; the elected Governors and Immediate Past President of the Club.
4. Presenter – Members of the Club who make presentations or otherwise conduct programs of numismatic interest during Club sponsored meetings or shows.
1. To stimulate YN interest and participation in Club sponsored meetings and shows.
2. To stimulate youth and adult interest in Club sponsored educational seminars.
3. To generate revenue for the Club.
III. Control and Issuance
1. The Board will determine the total number of Bourse Bucks issued at any given time.
2. The Board may award Bourse Bucks to any member or friend of the Club for any amount for outstanding service to the Club.
3. The Board may authorize Presenters a predetermined number of Bourse Bucks to be distributed during Club sponsored presentations or programs.
4. The Treasurer will control disbursement and redemption of Bourse Bucks.
5. The Show Chairman will make show dealers aware of Bourse Bucks and encourage their participation.
IV. Award and Usage
1. Member YN attendance at monthly Club meetings earns one Bourse Buck.
2. Member YN bringing a non-member YN to a monthly Club meeting earns one Bourse Buck.
3. Member YN serving as a scheduled Presenter during a Club meeting earns five Bourse Bucks.
4. Member YN serving as a Presenter for a program at school or scout function earns five Bourse Bucks (must be verified in writing).
5. Member YN presenting a “show and tell” at a monthly Club meeting earns one Bourse Buck.
6. Bourse Bucks may be purchased from the Treasurer at face value.
7. Adult members may receive Bourse Bucks at the discretion of the Board.
1. Bourse Bucks may be used as cash for numismatic items sold at auction during Club meetings.
2. Bourse Bucks may be used as cash for numismatic items sold at bourse tables during Club meetings.
3. Bourse Bucks may be used as cash for numismatic items sold at participating bourse tables during Club shows.
4. Dealers at shows may redeem Bourse Bucks for cash at face value by turning-in Bourse Bucks at the registration desk.
1. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to buy raffle tickets at Club meetings.
2. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to buy raffle tickets at Club shows.
3. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to buy 50/50 Drawing tickets at the Club meetings.
4. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to pay for non-numismatic Goofy Auction items.
5. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to pay for the dinner at monthly Club meetings.
6. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to pay for the Christmas Banquet.
7. Bourse Bucks cannot be used to pay for Club dues.
|Return to Home|